Saturday, December 1, 2012

Welcome December!

in the name of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful

Salam.

Where do I start? After the one week plus holidays, I ended up having a fever, a flu cum sore throat symptoms and a dehydrated body; thanks to my day out on Tuesday.

Well, in another perspective, I am taking it as a self purity process from Him. Sakit itu kan penghapus dosa? While taking my resting day today, I was reading a book by Lois P. Frankel titled:

NICE GIRLS DONT GET THE CORNER OFFICE101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers.

Then, the these two phrases hit me off:

"We behave in ways consistent with the roles we were socialized to play, thereby never completely moving from girlhood to womanhood."

"When we try to break in of those roles and act in more mature, self actualizing ways, we are often met with subtle and not-so-subtle resistance designed to keep us back in a girl role. Comments like, "You are so cute when you are mad", "What's the matter, are you on the rag?" are designed to keep us in the role of a girl.

I have encountered those two comments so often during my working days that it sometimes did succeed in making me feeling so pampered and not being as I was expected to be. At least during working days.

Until I met my Bestfriend. Thank you very much for teaching me to be firmed and patiently coaching me so that I can be a grown up and not someone else's lil girl.

It is indeed a very tough situation.

Anyway, December is already here. Indicating twenty twelve is almost ends. And twenty thirteen will be coming up very soon.

And as the time goes by, I am starting to feel the pressure myself. Time is flying. But yet, I am still in the midst of nowhere yet. Be it in terms of career and love life.

Ouch.

I don't know why, but it seems like every person I met is like waiting for me to start the first move. Duh. Not man enough, or am I too scary??

My bestfriend said, I am kind of girl with high expectation. And that is so obvious. But I have tried to tone down during the first meeting.

Takkan nak kena berborak pasal benda yang girly? Or romantic stuff? Mmm..Or acting cute? Err..That is soo not me.

Maybe they are not the one. Pass.

 Anyway, I am still not giving up. And started to like the-sort-of-blind dates. Menarik jugak. Get to know new people kan?


This month is full of positive vibrations. Alhamdulillah.

Can't wait for another year to come. ;)

Bi iznillah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words count ;)